Hong Kong, with its futuristic scenery of skyscrapers in Victoria Harbour, the legendary gastronomy and tranquil Buddhist and Taoist temples, fascinates regardless of the time you come here – for the first time or the fifteenth.
We come here to get acquainted with the most promising and talented artists, and probably to enrich our collections with their works. But that's not our only goal. Art Basel Hong Kong is the place where you can feel modern-day Asia 'at your finger tips'.
Program of the art tour includes:
1. Vernissage of the Art Basel Hong Kong, the fair that attracts capital, innovative ideas and talents from all over the world. Curated tour of 10 gallery stands selected by Cosmoscow experts.
2. Guided tour in the M+ Rover travelling creative studio and exhibition space that tours to local secondary schools and community spaces. Hong Kong artist Ng Ka Chun welcomes viewers to explore new possibilities for communal or campus facilities.
3. A site-specific performance at the Hong Kong Visual Arts Centre led by Hong Kong artist, GayBird Leung. A cutting-edge performance providing experience across spectacular visuals and contemporary music.
4. Curator tour of the group exhibition "The Ecstasy of Time: Reframing the Medium of Knowing’", featuring 11 young Chinese new media artists.
5. Tour of a number of exhibitions at 3 of Hong Kong's leading non-commercial foundations: MILL6 Foundation, K11 Art Foundation, HOCA.
6. Tour of the South Island Cultural District (SICD), Hong Kong's most dynamic art district with around 20 galleries and artist studios.
7. Visit to the Art Central satellite art fair. Over 100 galleries representing a dynamic and diverse contemporary art scene of Asia.
8. Guided tour of Joy Wang's "Homo Ex Data: The Natural of the Artificial". A special selection of Red Dot award-winning products will shed light on how we could use better design to develop smarter technology.