Cosmoscow 2018 will feature more than 70 Russian and international galleries, demonstrating a 30% growth as compared with the previous year.
The extensive on-site programming that include Galleries, Focus, Past Present and Projects sections will be enhanced with three new curated sections including Editions, Design, and Frame.
- Editions section features galleries, which deal with prints and multiples. Design section, curated by Kristina Krasnyanskaya of Heritage Gallery, showcases galleries dealing with contemporary design.
- Frame section, curated by the Fair’s Expert Committee members Elena Selina of XL Gallery, and Olga Temnikova of Temnikova & Kasela Gallery, represents nomadic galleries with no permanent space.
- Galleries section also curated by the Fair’s Expert Committee members represents both well established and new Russian and international galleries with their own exhibition space and proactively promoting their artists.
- For the second year running, Focus section will feature contemporary art galleries from one specific country, this year it introduces galleries and artists from Belgium.
- Past Present section curated by Elena Selina will once again include works of recognized contemporary Russian art masters, whose names were relevant in the past and have not lost their artistic value in the present.
- As part of the Projects section also curated by Elena Selina Cosmoscow participants will get a chance to display one or several large-scale art objects and installations at the main venue of the Fair.